Tuesday, September 22, 2015

New Look and Update

It has been quite a while since I last visited the blogosphere (over two years since my last post). Quite a lot has happened between then and now, but I am super excited to get my thoughts on paper again. Previously my blog was a way to update family and friends of my experience while I lived in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. My posts reflected my novel professional and cultural experiences.

My world has completely changed, both physically and personally. I married my high school sweetheart (our second year anniversary is quickly approaching), am currently enrolled  in my fifth semester of graduate school for Occupational Therapy at the Medical University of South Carolina, and continually trying to bring glory to the Lord.  My time in Charleston has flown by and I cannot believe that this will be my last semester on campus.

The blog will now offer a new look and title. Over the past year my interests have changed quite a bit and I am going to dedicate those new-found passions to my blog.

I have been on a reading binge lately. It started when I was assigned The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey while participating in a Leadership Development program and has branched into multiple directions. From public health and political non-fiction to self-help to the classics I have meandered through the literature landscape eager to learn previously unknown topics. Each post will be dedicated to one book; the notes that I have taken and some life updates/teachings sprinkled in.

Matthew Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment