Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Final Preparations


Departure for Boston is a mere week away and it seems like this summer has flown by. At the beginning of the summer I had several milemarkers that I placed between my time finishing school in Blacksburg and beginning my trip to South Africa. I continued to push the prospect of Africa to the back of my mind until all of those events had concluded. So I decided I would recap my amazing summer for all my avid blog followers.

Major events of the summer include a weekend trip to Chicago with Haley and her fellow JMU researchers, celebration of Mr. Paul and Erin Fletcher's wedding, Rachelle and Laura Paige's Graduation, endless hours spent watching the Euro Cup, vacation in Myrtle Beach and Columbia SC, the celebration of Mr. Jansen and Michelle Whitlock's wedding, the celebration of Mr. Austin and Kristy Abell's wedding, and now endless hours of cheering on the USA in the Olympics!
Here are a few photos from the summer:
I got to be a groomsmen for Austin and Kristy's Wedding
Compliments of Katelyn James Photography (katelynjames.com)

Me and Haley at Myrtle Beach (for some reason we think its a better picture without me looking at the camera:)

This summer has shown me the amazing generosity of so many individuals in my life. Grassroot Soccer explained to all the interns that we would need to raise around $10,000 of support money to cover our personal expenses. I remember trying to take in the gravity of that number. How in the world would I find that amount of money before I leave August 8th? If you read my previous post you know how much the Lord's hand has been involved in my internship already and this recollection made me realize that nothing was going to stop me going to Africa, not even a simple matter of money.  However, check by check, note by note, God has shown me his love through the generosity of those close to me. Therefore, I have dedicated a section of this blog to those who have made this internship possible. A quick glance to the top right and you can see how blessed I have been and exactly who has "powered" my trip.
For those who want to be powered by a power verse here is a good one:
Proverbs 3:9 
I'll let you look it up:)
For all those that want to get email updates about my blog and my time in Africa, you can send your email address to my email at matthus2008@gmail.com and I will keep you updated throughout the year in a more personal way!

No comments:

Post a Comment